Loving Puno`s day:
“Puno la Capital folklórica de America” is turning one anniversary more. One of Peru`s top cities onto high-elevation at 12 560 ft. or 3830 masl. Seeing back in the time the bay of Puno nearby Lake Titicaca was inhabited 2 millenniums B.C., approximately. Thus our ancestors, Caluyo people, Uros, Puquinas, Pucaras, Collas, Lupacas, Incas, Spanish Colonial period and today`s Puno.
This celebration`s basically rooted in the Colonial times when viceroy Conde de Lemos moved the Spanish mining settlements from San Luis de Alba (which was located behind Cancharani hill) to the current Puno`s downtown around September 7-9 of 1668.
Puno, generous homeland of our Ancestors; cradle of Quechua and Aymara people in the bay of the sacred Lake Titicaca named also South America`s Folkloric Capital, for us the puneños is more than it, it`s land of hard-working men and women from Desaguadero in the border with Bolivia to Juliaca city in the northern area…Puno with its dances and precious treasures mystically watched by our Ancient mountains Apus, Cancharani and Azuguini.
There`re 220k inhabitants Puno city but Puno region has about 1 200 000 people, in accordance to the last census.
We speak Spanish, Aymara and Quechua.
Puno is the administrative center of its 13 provinces.
With some challenges and many opportunities in this new century.
Happy Anniversary loving Puno!
Jallalla Puno Marca!
Kausachum Puno Llaqta!
Puno in snapshots
· Flies from Lima last around 2h
· Puno`s situated at 12 560 ft. or 3830 masl
· It`s 130Km or 2.30h from Bolivia Copacabana
· There good hotel of 4 stars, 3 stars, etc
· The local food`s based in trout, alpaca, lamb, quinoa, potatoes, chicken…
Places to visit
- Lake Titicaca,
- Isla Amantani,
- isla Taquili,
- Ancient funeral Towers of Sillustani,
- Cutimbo, city tour…
For more info:
- · www.Tripadvisor.com for tours, hotels, restos, etc.
- · Peru`s Ministry of Tourism: http://www.peru.travel/en-uk/where-to-go/puno.aspx
- · Google Trips
- · Google Map